Spyderco C101PCBL2 Manix 2 Lightweight - CPM-SPY27 Blade - Mineral Blue FRCP Handle
It's a well known fact that Spyderco leads the industry in the use of exotic, high-performance blade steels. After years of using the best materials the world’s leading steel manufacturers could provide, Spyderco has decided it was time to create their own "blend."
Working closely with Crucible® Industries, they developed CPM-SPY27, a particle metallurgy stainless steel containing a proprietary mix of alloys, including vanadium, molybdenum, niobium, nitrogen, and cobalt. This remarkable composition, enhanced by the amplifying effects of cobalt and the state-of-the-art Crucible Particle Metallurgy process, is produced exclusively for use by Spyderco.
Using this steel with the Manix 2 Lightweight combines its weight-saving advantages, full-service cutting power, and the strength of the Ball Bearing Lock™ mechanism with the enhanced edge retention and corrosion resistance of CPM-SPY27.
- Category End Use: EDC
- Blade Steel: CPM-SPY27
- Blade Grind: FFG (full flat ground)
- Blade Length: 3.37" (86 mm)
- Length Open: 8.03" (204 mm)
- Length Closed: 4.66" (118 mm)
- Blade Thickness: .125" (3.2 mm)
- Hole Diameter: .55" (14 mm)
- Lock Type: Ball Bearing Lock
- Handle Material: Mineral Blue FRCP
- Tip Carry: Tip Up
- Clip Position: Ambidextrous
- Weight: 3.0 oz. (85 g)
- Made In: U.S.A.