Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight C41PYL5 - CPM MagnaCut Blade - Marine Yellow FRN Handle
First introduced in 1997, the Native has become a mainstay of the Spyderco product line and a flagship of their American-made stable of knives.
Their long awaited latest is the Native Salt. The Native Salt is a dynamic fusion of the best-selling Native 5 Lightweight platform and the extraordinary corrosion-resistant qualities of a nitrogen-based blade steel. The defining feature of this knife is its full-flat-ground CPM MagnaCut blade, which is available with either a PlainEdge™ or SpyderEdge™ cutting edge and features an index-finger choil that allows the option of a forward, “choked up” grip for enhanced control.
Its blade is paired with a lightweight, injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle, a precision-machined high-strength back lock mechanism, and a broad-based four-position pocket clip that supports all possible carry options. Together these features, along with the blade’s fully accessible Trademark Round Hole™, make both carry and operation of this remarkable knife completely ambidextrous. The handle proudly showcases the characteristic high-visibility yellow color of our Salt Series and our signature Bi-Directional Texture™ pattern that ensures a positive grip both in and out of the water.
- Category End Use: EDC/Whitewater/Rescue
- Blade Steel: CPM MagnaCut
- Blade Grind: FFG (full flat grind)
- Blade Length: 2.95" (75 mm)
- Length Open: 6.95" (177 mm)
- Length Closed: 4.00" (102 mm)
- Blade Thickness: .125" (3.2 mm)
- Hole Diameter: .5" (13 mm)
- Lock Type: Back Lock
- Handle Material: Hi-Vis Yellow FRN (fiberglass-reinforced nylon)
- Tip Carry: Tip-Up/Down
- Clip Position: Ambidextrous/Four Way
- Weight: 2.4 oz. (68 g)
- Made In: U.S.A.