Gerber 30-000118 06 F.A.S.T. Assisted Opener - Black G-10 Handle
Gerber's F.A.S.T. folder can best be described in two words: Tactical and Tough. That's what you get with the 06 F.A.S.T., a quick opening knife with G-10 handles for extra grip when wet. The Tanto shaped blade is designed for thrusting and paired with a combo edge it is ready for your toughest cutting chores. The handle features a stainless steel pommel with strike point and lanyard hole compatible with 550 cord.
In 2005 Gerber introduced a new blade opening concept designed by custom knifemaker Butch Vallotton – Forward Action Spring Technology or F.A.S.T. Using one hand the blade is opened approximately 10 degrees. Allowing the spring to drive the blade lightning fast the rest of the way into the open position.
- Category End Use: Tactical, L.E., EDC
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV
- Rc Hardness: 58-60
- Blade Style: Tanto Point
- Blade Length: 3.8" (97 mm)
- Length Open: 8.6" (218 mm)
- Length Closed: 4.8" (122 mm)
- Blade Thickness: .114" (2.9 mm)
- Handle Thickness: .50" (12.7 mm)
- Mechanism: F.A.S.T.
- Action: Assisted
- Handle Material: Black G-10 Scales w/Double Steel Liners
- Tip Carry: Tip-Up
- Clip Position: Right Hand
- Weight: 5.9 oz. (167 g)
- Made In: China