Cold Steel 81B Wild West Bowie - 1090 High Carbon Blade - Black Leather Sheath
Styled like the iconic big blades featured in Western TV shows and movies, our Wild West Bowie is a noteworthy American classic. The blade is made from 1090 Carbon Steel. It is a long wide blade with weight forward balance and is saber ground and fortified with a false edge to assure maximum cutting, chopping, and piercing power. The handle has a classic profile, featuring Rosewood scales attached to the full tang with brass screws, and it has the characteristic “S” patterned brass handguard to protect your fingers and enhance its defensive potential. The Wild West Bowie is kitted with a traditional black leather sheath that features a brass swivel belt loop and leather leg strap.
- Category End Use: Hunting/Survival/Field Utility
- Blade Steel: 1090 High Carbon
- Blade Finish: Satin Finish
- Blade Length: 10.75" (273 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.187" (4.75 mm)
- Overall Length: 16.0" (406 mm)
- Handle Material: Rosewood Scales
- Weight, Knife: 22.0 oz. (624 g)
- Sheath Material: Black Leather
- Weight, Sheath: 6.5 oz. (184 g)
- Made In: India
More about 1090 Carbon steel:
1090 High Carbon Steel is an excellent choice for larger fixed blades. It takes and holds a good edge while remaining tough enough to withstand even our brutal stress tests. A good all-round performance high carbon steel that is very forgiving under shock.