TUF-CLOTH is a long-lasting lint-free replacement for oil and silicone rags. Instead of using oil, Sentry uses a mixture of dry film corrosion inhibitors and lubricants to provide a fast-drying, water-displacing micro-bonding crystal barrier against rust, friction and wear. The waterproof shield will not attract dirt and it won't leave a slippery film like silicone. TUF-CLOTH protects more than 14 times longer than the competition. Simply wiping a surface with TUF-CLOTH provides cleaning, lubrication and protection. TUF-CLOTH is a revolutionary multi-purpose cloth that applies a fast-drying, water-displacing micro-bonding crystal barrier against rust, friction and wear.
- What is TUF-CLOTH:
- It's a unique replacement for oil/silicone gun and reel cloths. Sentry combines state-of-the-art dry film technology with a lint-free fabric to make TUF-CLOTH a superior, long-lasting product for both rust protection and lubrication. Sentry developed a formula of dry film rust inhibitors and lubricants which bond to metals. This mix impregnates a very durable yet soft cloth for easy application. TUF-CLOTH should be used to protect all types of metals and finishes, woods, and most plastics. It makes oil and silicone rags obsolete
- HOW IT WORKS: Wiping with TUF-CLOTH gives you cleaning, rust protection and lubrication. Pure mineral spirits is the carrier for the active ingredients and provides cleaning action. It evaporates, and Sentry's proprietary ingredients bond to the surface; this bonding assures long lasting effectiveness. TUF-CLOTH's waterproof protection will not wash off, thicken in the cold (even down to -40F/-40C) or attract dirt like oil-based products, nor is it a slippery film like silicone. TUF-CLOTH is user-adjustable; either by drying in air or adding pure odorless mineral spirits.
- A "wetter" cloth applies a thicker shield of protection that dries more slowly. The excess can be buffed off after it is dry without compromising performance. A dry TUF-CLOTH makes a terrific polishing cloth; it beautifies wood and gives blue metals a deep luster.
- Clean surfaces well.
- Rub surfaces firmly with TUF-CLOTH. Drying time depends on thickness of coating/dampness of cloth. If cloth dries out add pure mineral spirits (not turpentine) to restore its original "feel". Return cloth to its jar and seal tightly for longer life.
- For hard-to-reach areas use with Sentry's TUF-GLIDE.
- Use frequently if item is exposed to wear or stored outdoors. For extreme conditions or saltwater applications use Sentry's MARINE TUF-CLOTH .