Photon Micro-Light II - LED KeyChain Flashlight
Simple squeeze for momentary light and an on/off switch for continuous light. It's small size and weight, a mere 6.3 grams (the same weight as a quarter) means it's easy and practical to always have a light source close-at-hand. Lithium powered, the Photon II's can provide up to 120 hours of continuous light (Red, Yellow and Orange versions) due to their super efficient design and will work even in sub-zero temperatures. I've not managed to use up the batteries on any of mine yet, but found it very easy to open the back of the case to change them if and when I ever need to. The places to carry a Photon are numerous. I like them for zipper pulls on my jackets, I keep one on my portfolio, day pack and having bought a new tent last last summer, I found the Photon was the perfect accessory to attach to the main zipper so it will always be there when I need it. You might guess that as handy as I find the Photon II's to be for me, that I heartily recommend them to you as well. Jeff
- Color choices and characteristics:
- Red Preferred by pilots, sailors, astronomers and anyone who wishes to preserve their night vision. Also ideal for map reading, signaling or finding your way in a theater while not disturbing others. A great value, it provides an amazing 120 hours of continuous light.
- Yellow Also a great signaling color, the Yellow will easily light up an area 20 to 30 feet out. Using less energy it also provides 120 hours of continuous light which can be helpful in search/rescue situations.
- Orange Surprisingly bright, the Orange light seems to combine the best of the Red and Yellow. Does not disturb your night vision as much as the Yellow can, and illuminates more (and farther) than the Red. Also provides 120 hours of continuous light.
- Green A military favorite, the Green is nearly as bright as the Blue, Turquoise and White lights, but with a much longer run time of 20 continuous hours of use.
- Blue One of the three brightest, the Blue is tremendously bright and illuminates everything to the side as well as forward. Provides 12 to 14 hours of continuous light output.
- N.V. Green (Night Vision Green - also known as Turquoise One of the most popular colors, N.V. Green appears slightly brighter than the Blue and its wide angle beam will light up an entire room. Also an excellent choice for outdoors when maximum light output is needed. 12 to 14 hours of continuous light output.
- Purple (for a black-light effect) Purple bulbs create a black-light effect, making lighter colors appear bright. Purple Photons do produce some UV light. Intense UV light can cause eye damage if viewed directly. Keep away from children.
- White I've saved my personal favorite for last. Perhaps not the best if you're trying to save night vision, the White light is (in my opinion) the best choice for general all-around use as it produces natural light making colors and objects appear natural. Its narrow-angle beam focuses the light into a more traditional flashlight-type of beam. Provides 12 to 14 hours of continuous light.
- Length: 1.625"
- Width .9375"
- Weight 6.3 grams
- Output: Brilliant L.E.D. Light
- Lamp Life: 100,000 Hours
- Replaceable Battery: Yes
- Country of origin: USA