Tactical Sharpening Rod
The Lansky Tactical Sharpening Rod answers the call for a military tough knife sharpening tool that combines the speed of Lansky's proven tungsten carbide sharpeners with the compact convenience of a retractable diamond rod. Keep it with you at all times for either fast blade maintenance or as a fighting stick as the need arises.
The tungsten carbide slot is used for quickly setting an edge and restoring a severely damaged or dull blade. The diamond rod will then refine the edge. For regular maintenance, the diamond rod alone is sufficient. Both sharpening surfaces housed in a rugged, knurled aluminum handle. 6.2” overall length.
- Tactical Sharpening Rod Instructions:
- Step 1- Draw knife blade through Tungsten Carbide slot 3 – 4 times to sharpen the blade
- Step 2 - Open the tactical rod by gripping the casing firmly and twisting the cylinder at the end (opposite of the tungsten carbide) counter clockwise.
- Step 3 – Let the tactical rod come all the way out of the casing and then twist the cylinder at the end clockwise to lock rod in place.
- Step 4 - Place the end of the sharpener on a stable surface at an angle and draw the knife edge down the rod as if you were attempting to slice a thin layer off the rod –repeat this motion 3 – 4 times using light to moderate pressure. Maintain a consistent angle for the best results.
- Step 5 - Repeat Step 4 on the other side of the blade.
- Note: Do not apply oil to Lansky Diamond surface: clean diamond hones with water and wipe shavings away with a lint-free rag. Diamond hones should be completely dry before next use.